I have to share with you Dr. Souza's favorite dessert combo - peanut butter and chocolate. In my neck of the woods, that's called a Buckeye Dessert! Made this yummy dessert to celebrate Dr. Souza's 50th birthday and we ate it like there was no tomorrow!
I adjusted the original recipe, reduced the sugar (somewhat) and it was over the top delicious! It's rich, and a cinch to make because there is NO baking involved!
4-5 Tablespoons butter, softened
1 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
1 /2 cup peanut butter (your choice, creamy or crunch)
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tub Cool Whip
16 miniature peanut butter cups, chopped
2 cups cold milk
1 pkg instant chocolate pudding (3.9 oz)
1. Crush Oreos in food processor. Toss with soft butter with your hands. Press into a 13x9 pan. Refrigerate 20-30 minutes.
2. Beat cream cheese, peanut butter and 1 cup powdered sugar until smooth. Fold in half of the CoolWhip. Spread over chilled Oreo layer.
3. Sprinkle with chopped peanut butter cups.
4. Beat 2 cups milk and pudding mix on low for 2 minutes. Let set up for 2 minutes. Fold in remaining CoolWhip.
5. Spread over the layer of peanut butter cups. Crush 6-7 more Oreos (I put mine in a ziploc bag and pounded with a rolling pin). Sprinkle crushed Oreos over the top as a garnish.
6. Cover and chill for 3 hours. Top each slice of dessert with a whole mini peanut butter cup.