Sunday, March 11, 2012

New Take on Hash Brown Casserole

First time my lips tasted Hashbrown Casserole was back in 1986, and it was smothered with crushed potato chips or corn flakes on top.  Tasty but kind of, greasy.    Since then, I've made about 500 hashbrown casseroles (even substituting plain yogurt back in the day when I was trying to save calories and not use sour cream, bad idea).   

Today I am happy to blog that I've made the best Hashbrown Casserole that I think has passed through my oven!   Here is my new take on Hashbrown Casserole and I am excited to share with it you.

New Take on Hash Brown Casserole

  • 1 1/2 packages frozen shredded hasbrown potatoes
  • 1 stick butter, melted
  • 3 gloves garlic, finely chopped
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 cup cottage cheese
  • 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
  • 2 carrots, finely chopped
  • 1 T Old Bay seasoning
  • 1 teas. pepper
  • 1 teas. salt
  • 1 teas. onion powder
Melt butter with chopped garlic in the microwave (cover with paper towel), checking every 30 seconds until melted.

Place hashbrowns in large bowl.   Add cheeses, mix.  Stir together melted butter & garlic, soup, sour cream, cottage cheese, chopped carrots, and seasonings.    Add the soup mixture to the potato mixture.  Pour into a 13 x 9 pan, bake at 350' for 45 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment