It's Rodeo Time in Idaho! Time to make a favorite western dish that always reminds me of being on a ranch, or sitting around a campfire. Beans, beef and biscuits. A great combination any cowboy would love!
- 1/2 lb. bacon
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 glove garlic, diced
- 2 cans Ranch, Pinto or Chili Beans or your favorite two combo
- 1/2 cup Sweet Baby Ray's Original BBQ Sauce (or more if you like)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 package Texas style biscuits (10 biscuits)
- Cook bacon in Dutch Oven until evenly browned. Drain and cut into bite size pieces. Set aside. Add hamburger and onion to the Dutch Oven and cook until no longer pink and onion is tender. Drain.
- Stir bacon, beans and BBQ sauce into the ground beef, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low. Place biscuits in a single layer over the top of the beef/bean mixture. Cover, and simmer for about 12-14 minutes on low, or until the biscuits are done. Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese and put the lid back on until cheese is melted.
Pampered Chef Mix and Chop? It's the only way to brown ground beef and unchunk it!